IRS help and support is meant to provide assistance for the tax payers. They care about protecting the identity of the tax payers. Before placing a call ensure to hold all the related documents and be prepared with your queries. This helps to sort out the issues in a single call.
When you are making a call, ensure you have the following information :
- Social Security Cards and Birth Date.
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
- Tax Filing Status – Single, Head of the family, Married and filing joint or married and filing separate.
Prior year tax return information :
- Copy of the tax return for which the call is placed.
- Any mails or notices sent from the IRS regarding the case.
IRS Help Desk & Support
- Tax Support for Individuals : 800-829-1040
- Tax Support for Businesses : 800-829-4933
- Tax Forms Orders and Publications : 800-829-3676
- Reporting Information Return : 866-455-7438
- For Employer Identification Number(EIN) : 800-829-4933
- Support for Form 706 and Form 709 : 866-699-4083
- Support for Form 2290 and Excise Tax : 866-699-4096
- Support for FBAR and Title 31: 866-270-0733
- Support for TEGE(Tax Exempt and Government Entities) : 877-829-5500
- Assistance for Deaf(TDD) : 800-829-4059
- U.S. and Canada : 800-876-1715
- International : 915-342-5654
- For Overseas Taxpayers : 267-941-1000( Not Toll Free Number)
- To check the status of refund : 800-829-1954
- Timings : 10 A.M. – 8 P.M. Eastern Time, Monday to Friday.
- For any assistance and queries about the tax account, contact at 800-829-1040, through Monday to Friday, Timing : 7:00 A.M. to 7.00 P.M. Local Time.
- For transcript queries, click http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript for further information.
- For refund related queries, click http://www.irs.gov/Refunds for further information.
- For other scam related queries, check http://www.irs.gov/uac/Report-Phishing for further information.
- To start an instant chat with the IRS, just click the following link IRS Live Chat.
- If you do not find any information related to your search, you can send your personalized mail at IRS Mail Support.
While you contact the IRS.gov Help Desk, do not share your name, SSN, Taxpayer Identification Number or Contact Address.