Its tax season and truckers must be alert about the updates about tax filing form 2290. Since we understand trucker’s value and their business we always work towards the e-filing process form 2290 to be swift and simple. With years of filing, truckers must be aware of the payment methods. How many drivers are aware of the 2290-V payment voucher? How many have used this voucher? Let’s dive in and know about the 2290-V voucher and its role in e-filing form 2290.
What is the Form 2290-V Payment Voucher?
When the tax filer has decided to send the payment through money order or check as payment, the Form 2290-V payment voucher is mandatory. The tax filer must fill the details of HVUT form 2290-V payment voucher and send it with the money order or check.
Check or money order
The form 2290-V Payment voucher plays a key role in check or money order method of payment. Take a look at the details about using a check or money order method of payment to the IRS.
- Fill Form 2290 and Form 2290-v payment voucher on page 11 of HVUT form 2290.
- The cheque or money order is a non-electronic method of payment of HVUT to the IRS.
- 2290-V is not used for paying balance due form 2290.
- Fill the EIN, amount to pay, date, along with name and address. All these details should be the same as in form 2290.
- Remember to enclose the money order or cheque. Make payable to “United States Treasury”.
- Enter your tax period, form 2290, and EIN on your money order or cheque.
- Never staple form 2290-V or payment to form 2290.
- Cut off form 2290-V and send it with form 2290 and payment to the address visible in the left bottom corner of the 2290-V form.
- To, The Internal revenue Service, P.O. Box 804525, Cincinnati, OH 45280-4525
Tax2efile makes sure about payment security with the help of the latest technology. It is the driver’s option to pick the convenient payment option at times of the IRS e-filing process. Tax2efile tax calculator is beneficial for tax filers as it computes the appropriate tax. The tax filer’s only job is to fill the accurate details and pick the right payment method. Tax2efile always offers excellent guidance and professional e-filing services.
Hope the details are useful for individuals making payment through cheque or money order. The procedure is simple and easy and Tax2efile expert customer care is always waiting to help drivers throughout the tax filing process. Avoid penalty by e-filing HVUT form 2290 at the right time. Log in to Tax2efile for better tax filing experience and quick 2290 payment methods. Follow all the details for accurate payment through money order or cheque.