IRS Form 2290 Schedule 1 Proof
As a taxpayer, you need to file Form 2290 and pay the HVUT that you owe to
the IRS. However, the state motor vehicle department and the government registers / renews the vehicles only
after inspecting the HVUT Proof of Payment. This is referred as IRS Form 2290 Schedule 1 copy. The IRS follows strict
requirements related to the inclusion of documentation and proof of payment while registering or renewing
the vehicles with the state or while inspecting the vehicles in roads by the officials. A confirmation mail
is not accepted as a valid proof of payment while E-filing 2290 Form.
How to Get Your Stamped Schedule 1?
- A Stamped IRS Form 2290 Schedule 1 sent by the IRS to the taxpayer is the valid proof of payment for
filing HVUT 2290 Form.
- A copy of schedule 1 proof of payment is received once the tax is paid by the tax payer and verified by
- The Stamped Schedule 1 copy will have a visible Watermark “ Received Date XX/ XX / XXXX”.
- When you need to file 2290 truck tax for more than 25 vehicles, then the taxpayer need to file HVUT Form
Purpose of Schedule 1 Copy
- To report the truck tax for all vehicles using their vehicle identification number.
- As a payment of proof, to register or renewing the vehicles, tags, license plates with the states and
other legal authorities.
- Require copy of Stamped Schedule 1 when you lease or contract the truck.
- Schedule 1 is mandatory for heavy vehicle to stay or operate on any public highway.
Acceptable Proof of Exemption for State Registration
Stamped IRS Form 2290 Schedule 1 copy is accepted as the proof of exemption for the vehicles with gross
weight over 55,000 pounds but travelling within the mileage limit of 5,000 miles during the tax period(7,500
miles for Agricultural Vehicles).
Retrieving a Stamped Schedule 1
If you have missed your copy of your Stamped Schedule 1, you can always login into your Tax2efile Account and
download it from the dashboard. It is always available for you. You can also call our customer support team
or email us to send you the copy of the Stamped Schedule 1 anytime.
While you E-file your Form 2290 through Tax2efile, you get the Schedule 1 copy instantly after the successful
transmission of your application to the IRS. You can also check the status of your application through
instant notifications. Hence, you don’t need to wait for days to receive the schedule. You will get the
proof of payment immediately to register your Vehicles on time.